Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Projection" by LAURA4LAD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: "Projection" by LAURA4LAD Reply with quote

"Projection" 12-08-2006
Jack/Juliet choosing what they want to see.
Song: Main Theme UK-Battlestar Galactica by Bear McCreary
Vidder: LAURA4LAD
Length: 1:05 (9.8mb WMV)

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_Ui5RA1Knk
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said this already but 4LAD is back and this is SO good. You said you put this together in an evening? I don't believe you. You always have a knack for picking clips and just the right music to convey whatever it is that you want to convey.

Wonderful and I simply CANNOT wait for the real thing!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new vid from Laura!!! *squee!!!*

Still got that same innate feel for the music (the more "haunting" look to the clips at the start with the slower music, then they kick in with a bite when the music ratchets up like that... ).

[channeling Jake]Gold, Jerry, gold![/channeling Jake] Sadly, most of the people here now won't know the JakeNRoland reference, huh?

You don't know HOW happy I was to see a new 4lad vid! Awesome!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niiiice! Great beat use and you chose great clips to fit the moody atmosphere of the music!

The fact that you used WMM doing this makes it that much cooler.

I hope you're still doing that Muse/Jack/Juliet vid! I'd LOVE to see it.

(P.S. Aislynn, I love Seinfeld and that quote. And I vaguely remember JakeNRoland but all I remember about him is that he had a creepy-Ethan icon. )
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A vid from Laura? oooooo

As a bsg and a Jacket fan I totally loved this vid. Great idea to use the clips from the plane crash in the others camp to the slow music the vamp it up with the Jacket love. Great job!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job, Laura!

Loved the beat use and the atmosphere of the vid! I wish it would've been a bit longer though! Hope to see more new Lost vids from you soon!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacket with style. Loved it!! I hope you're not going to wait that long for the other one!!!!

I love your jacket whoweare community btw!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um.. Song: Main Theme UK-BattGalacticalestar by Bear McCreary. Totally sober when i wrote that. Anyway it can be edited?

SuperKC-I'm back? Shh don't tell anyone..I made this video in an hour, but then spent 3 hours trying to render it. WMM is a silly little cow, but i love it anyways. Seriously just made this for the jack/juliet advent calender cause I'm nuts about them, and finally caught up with BSG-best show on tv-period. The real thing is a coming..but i didn't use any of the songs I've mentioned. Me=tease. Love you KC *muah

Aislynn-OMG I miss my twin (Jake)-i bet he is ruling the world somewhere listening to the eels. Miss Aislynn I think i missed you the most when i kind of fell off the planet and into lj-glad to see you on there, and will try and be a better stalker here. I still have quite a few vids from you to watch and be blown away by--saw the start of your desmond/kate piece before running to an interview Friday-it was incredible, original, and could ONLY be done by you. Where is Warren (hobbes) is he still around?

PsychoCynic-I am, and it rocks old school. My only hint at the song, which is damn good if you think about it.

Polarbear-Great idea to use the clips from the plane crash in the others camp to the slow music the vamp<--actually only used those because the only lost clips i have on my computer are J/J clips from season three--when i was making it I was thinking about the council here, and how many videos you guys watch that has the same exact opening LOL-i remember how it was with the plane scenes from season 1. Anyways I am a recent BSG addict, but finally caught up to the passage that aired in the states Friday night-the show pwns all. I'm suprised, but happy to hear you are a jacket fan. They are the reason I love lost still.

KajaM-working on a full length piece right now.

cylune-I love your jacket whoweare community btw! Cool It's awesome to see how popular the pairing is considering the cirumstances of the plot, but hell..stockholm syndrome is love right?

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
IamSoLostRightNow
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

Wow that was really cool! I could watch that over and over. I loved the beat use when the music picked up. It was totally intense... just like the show!

God, I can't wait for Feb 7th!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAURA4LAD wrote:
um.. Song: Main Theme UK-BattGalacticalestar by Bear McCreary. Totally sober when i wrote that. Anyway it can be edited?

Edited. Warren (who is now the webmaster in residence here ) will have to take care of the main site database mojo stuff.

LAURA4LAD wrote:
Miss Aislynn I think i missed you the most when i kind of fell off the planet and into lj-glad to see you on there, and will try and be a better stalker here. I still have quite a few vids from you to watch and be blown away by--saw the start of your desmond/kate piece before running to an interview Friday-it was incredible, original, and could ONLY be done by you. Where is Warren (hobbes) is he still around?

Aw, thank you kindly! I hope you get the chance to see the rest of "Tonight I Wanna Cry" and that you enjoy it! That was my first "serious" Vegas vid (I guess the rest were just practice? ) and I'm an eensy bit proud of it. (Not that it couldn't have been improved but that was the best I could do at the time. )

And Warren IS still here, as much as his busy life permits. Our Hobbes is about to become a college man soon, can you just believe it??? *emo tear* They grow up so fast... *sniff*

LAURA4LAD wrote:
I made this video in an hour, but then spent 3 hours trying to render it. WMM is a silly little cow, but i love it anyways. Seriously just made this for the jack/juliet advent calender cause I'm nuts about them, and finally caught up with BSG-best show on tv-period. The real thing is a coming.

WMM IS a silly little cow! Truer words have never been spoken! My favorite part of that quote: The real thing is coming. Yay! *grabs popcorn and settles in to wait*

Love ya, hon! Stalk us as much as you possibly have time! *squeezy hug*

And just so this isn't a TOTALLY off topic spam post:

I *heart* this vid just as much today as I did on the very day that I saw it. Jacket rocks! Whee!
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaahhh!! Awesome!!! I really liked how it was slow and emotional at first, and then the chaos begins when she meets up with Jack. And it looked so beautiful too, the scenes of tension between them. Like a primitive jungle Lost that's kind of better than season 1. I never thought I'd say that.

Well done! Can't wait until February!

sig by IslandofMystery
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's LAURA!!! She's back, and still giving us lessons on what awesome beat use looks like

This is so awesome! Good to see ya! I see Aislynn has already given you most of the info on me there is to give lol . She hasn't mentioned that I'm actually quite fond of Muse now though (in fact, my "next" vid will be using a song of theirs). Somehow I think you might find some sort of evil pleasure in that.

So, how's it going?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The links are dead sadness; id love to see this one

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: